Two time bombs defused in Madurai
Madurai: Two days after the city of Pune was rocked by four low intensity blasts, two time bombs wrapped in a parcel, were found in a shop of a former activist of the banned Al-Umma terror outfit, police said on Saturday.
Umar had received the parcel from a boy who told him that he was coming from a courier office, police said.
On opening the parcel, he found the bombs attached to a battery and informed police.
As per report, bomb squad personnel reached the spot and defused the bombs.
The bombs were "sophisticated", police said.
A top police official said Umar had many enemies in other terror outfits. He is being questioned to trace the boy`s identity, police sources said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in