Two time bombs defused in Madurai
Madurai: Two days after the city of Pune was rocked by four low intensity blasts, two time bombs wrapped in a parcel, were found in a shop of a former activist of the banned Al-Umma terror outfit, police said on Saturday.
Umar had received the parcel from a boy who told him that he was coming from a courier office, police said.
On opening the parcel, he found the bombs attached to a battery and informed police.
As per report, bomb squad personnel reached the spot and defused the bombs.
The bombs were "sophisticated", police said.
A top police official said Umar had many enemies in other terror outfits. He is being questioned to trace the boy`s identity, police sources said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers