Two washed away in floods in TN
Erode: Two persons were washed away in floods after heavy rains lashed in various parts of the district, police said on Saturday.
Thalawady, Arulwady and Mettalwady villages experienced very heavy rains since yesterday.
Paulraj and Chandrasekar were washed away with their motorcycle in the floods near Mettalwady last night, police said.
The body of Paulraj was recovered this morning.
Meanwhile land slides occurred in forest areas of Burgur late last night and the traffic between Anthiyur and Gurgegundy and Kollehal were suspended.
Personnel from Highways and Forest Department were engaged in clearing the debris in the ghat road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly