Two women among five to receive Gandhi Adigal Police Medal
Chennai:Five police officials including two women have been selected to receive the prestigious Gandhi Adigal Police Medal on Republic Day-2013 for their outstanding work in curbing illicit liquor in the Tamil Nadu.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has ordered awarding of the medals to women officers - N Devarani, Superintendent of Police, Central Investigation Unit, Chennai and S Vimala, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Chennai (South).
Other recipients of the medal would be I Eswaran, Superintendent of Police, Vellore District, K Sakthivel, Special Sub-Inspector of Police, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Harur, Dharmapuri District and K Stalin Chandrasekar, Head Constable, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Madhavaram, Chennai, a government release said.
The recipients would receive their medals from the Chief Minister on the Republic Day next year.
The medal also carries a cash award of Rs 20,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you