Two women among five to receive Gandhi Adigal Police Medal
Chennai:Five police officials including two women have been selected to receive the prestigious Gandhi Adigal Police Medal on Republic Day-2013 for their outstanding work in curbing illicit liquor in the Tamil Nadu.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has ordered awarding of the medals to women officers - N Devarani, Superintendent of Police, Central Investigation Unit, Chennai and S Vimala, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Chennai (South).
Other recipients of the medal would be I Eswaran, Superintendent of Police, Vellore District, K Sakthivel, Special Sub-Inspector of Police, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Harur, Dharmapuri District and K Stalin Chandrasekar, Head Constable, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Madhavaram, Chennai, a government release said.
The recipients would receive their medals from the Chief Minister on the Republic Day next year.
The medal also carries a cash award of Rs 20,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why