Two women among five to receive Gandhi Adigal Police Medal
Chennai:Five police officials including two women have been selected to receive the prestigious Gandhi Adigal Police Medal on Republic Day-2013 for their outstanding work in curbing illicit liquor in the Tamil Nadu.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has ordered awarding of the medals to women officers - N Devarani, Superintendent of Police, Central Investigation Unit, Chennai and S Vimala, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Chennai (South).
Other recipients of the medal would be I Eswaran, Superintendent of Police, Vellore District, K Sakthivel, Special Sub-Inspector of Police, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Harur, Dharmapuri District and K Stalin Chandrasekar, Head Constable, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Madhavaram, Chennai, a government release said.
The recipients would receive their medals from the Chief Minister on the Republic Day next year.
The medal also carries a cash award of Rs 20,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi