Two women among five to receive Gandhi Adigal Police Medal
Chennai:Five police officials including two women have been selected to receive the prestigious Gandhi Adigal Police Medal on Republic Day-2013 for their outstanding work in curbing illicit liquor in the Tamil Nadu.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has ordered awarding of the medals to women officers - N Devarani, Superintendent of Police, Central Investigation Unit, Chennai and S Vimala, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Chennai (South).
Other recipients of the medal would be I Eswaran, Superintendent of Police, Vellore District, K Sakthivel, Special Sub-Inspector of Police, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Harur, Dharmapuri District and K Stalin Chandrasekar, Head Constable, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Madhavaram, Chennai, a government release said.
The recipients would receive their medals from the Chief Minister on the Republic Day next year.
The medal also carries a cash award of Rs 20,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal