Two women among five to receive Gandhi Adigal Police Medal
Chennai:Five police officials including two women have been selected to receive the prestigious Gandhi Adigal Police Medal on Republic Day-2013 for their outstanding work in curbing illicit liquor in the Tamil Nadu.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has ordered awarding of the medals to women officers - N Devarani, Superintendent of Police, Central Investigation Unit, Chennai and S Vimala, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Chennai (South).
Other recipients of the medal would be I Eswaran, Superintendent of Police, Vellore District, K Sakthivel, Special Sub-Inspector of Police, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Harur, Dharmapuri District and K Stalin Chandrasekar, Head Constable, Prohibition Enforcement Wing, Madhavaram, Chennai, a government release said.
The recipients would receive their medals from the Chief Minister on the Republic Day next year.
The medal also carries a cash award of Rs 20,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone