Two women charred to death in TN
Erode (TN): An 85-year old woman and her daughter were charred to death and two others, including a fireman, injured in a fire caused by suspected leak of LPG in their house here on Sunday.
Saraswathy Ammal and her divorced daughter Mahalakshmi, 55, living alone, died on the spot while the elderly woman`s son, residing in a nearby house, and a fire and rescue service personnel were injured when they attempted to rescue the two women, police said.
The fire broke out around 6.30 am and neighbours informed Fire and Rescue service personnel on hearing the alarm raised by the two women.
Varadharajan, son of Saraswathy, and Rajkumar, one of the firemen, broke open the house door and rushed into rescue them. But both received serious burn injuries and have been hospitalised.
Police said suspected leak of LPG and an electrical short-circuit would have caused the fire, which was doused after neary a two-hour battle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof