UK national booked for alleged sexual abuse of boy
Tirunelveli: A 65-year old British
national, funding a children`s home in the district, has been
booked by police for alleged sexual abuse of a teenaged
inmate, police said on Saturday.
A case under IPC Section 377 (unnatural sex) was
registered yesterday against Jonathan Robinson, who has been
absconding since the past two weeks, a day after the
15-year-old boy was rescued from the home at Chinnamalpuram in
Valliyoor, police said.
The case was registered on a complaint by Singaram, a
Bangalore-based social worker, they said.
The home with 33 inmates was being run by the Grail Trust,
which was being funded by Robinson, police said, adding a case
would be registered against the home also, if necessary, after
The boy, rescued in the wee hours of August 19, had
admitted he was sexually abused by Jonathan. "Jonahtan even
tried to take me abroad. He has fled India and was now in
Germany," police quoted the boy as saying.
The fatherless boy was handed over to the district Child
Welfare Committee`s reception unit "Saranalayam".
The committee members told police that the boy had been
abused several times in the past 7-8 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt