UK same-day visa service now in Chennai
Bangalore: The United Kingdom has launched the same-day visa service (Super Priority Visa service) for people in south India.
The service that was hitherto available in Delhi and Mumbai will be available in Chennai from Tuesday. The Super Priority Visa Service is a first-class service to facilitate urgent travel. It complements the UK’s Fast Track Service and Online Payment options.
The new service is available to customers applying for a six-month to a two-year multiple entry visit visa (excluding student visitors) who have previously travelled to the UK, the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or a Schengen country in the past five years. It is also available to visa applicants sponsored by companies that are members of UK Home Office’s Business Express Programme.
The Super Priority Visa Service is an optional service and incurs an additional fee. The fee for the Super Priority Visa Service is `57,000 at current rate, plus the standard fee for the type of visa being applied for. Applicants must complete an online form and submit their applications, by appointment, before 9.30 am at the Visa Application Centre in Chennai. This applies to customers outside Chennai as well.
Customers using this service will have their passport and the decision on their visa by 5.30 pm the same day. Further information about the fees, eligibility criteria and how to schedule an appointment is available at http://vfs-uk-in.com/additionalservice.html.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'