‘Ulterior motive’ behind Kudankulam stir: PC
Sivaganga (TN): Home Minister P Chidambaram
has said there was "some ulterior motive" behind continuance
of the protest against the nuclear power plant at Kudankulam
despite assurance from the government that it is safe.
Addressing Congress workers here on Sunday, he expressed
serious concern over the power crisis in Tamil Nadu and
asked the state government to take steps to find an early
solution to the problem.
On the stir against the Kudankulam plant, he said there
was "some ulterior motive" behind continuance of the protest.
Chidambaram said he had asked the previous government also
"to take serious steps to resolve power problem".
Maintaining that India wanted to maintain cordial relations
with all its neighbouring countries, Chidambaram said the
country supported a resolution in UNHRC against Sri Lanka
for alleged war crimes "after a serious thinking".
External Affairs Minister SM Krishna had also made a
statement on the resolution in Parliament, he said.
India last week voted for the US-sponsored resolution at the
UN`s top human rights body censuring Sri Lanka for alleged
rights violations during the war against LTTE after persuading
the resolution-sponsor to make two changes in the draft so
that it became "non-intrusive" and contributes to political
reconciliation process in the island.
Congress had not betrayed the interests of Tamils in Sri
Lanka, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Sexism row: Rajiv Shukla to take up Chris Gayle's issue with BCCI, RCB management
- Picture blast! 'Housefull3' gang gate-crashed Asin's house at midnight
- Kseeb.kar.nic.in & Karresults.nic.in KSEEB 2nd II PUC Results 2016: Karnataka Board 12th XII Class, Second II PUC Exam Results 2016 to be announced today on May 25, 2016 at 4 PM
- Online petition seeking Raghuram Rajan's 2nd term goes viral; 42,000 votes and counting
- Mahabharata’s Bhima is related to Lord Hanuman – Here’s how