Uma Bharti stresses need to clean, purify important holy rivers
Rameswaram (TN): Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Monday stressed the need to clean and purify important holy rivers across the country, including the Ganga, Cauvery, Narmada, Yamuna and the Brahmaputra.
This would help not only those travelling on a holy pilgrimage, but also ensure fishermen get better quality fish, she said.
Uma Bharti, here as part of her `Save Ganga` campaign, took a holy dip in all 22 holy waters in the famous Ramanathaswamy temple, amid tight security.
Bharti said the `Save Ganga` movement would be taken up in three phases - a yatra from Gangasagar to Gangotri between September 20 to October 28, an environment experts` seminar in Delhi on November 6 and a public human chain on December 2 - for a pollution-free Ganga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing