Uma Bharti stresses need to clean, purify important holy rivers
Rameswaram (TN): Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Monday stressed the need to clean and purify important holy rivers across the country, including the Ganga, Cauvery, Narmada, Yamuna and the Brahmaputra.
This would help not only those travelling on a holy pilgrimage, but also ensure fishermen get better quality fish, she said.
Uma Bharti, here as part of her `Save Ganga` campaign, took a holy dip in all 22 holy waters in the famous Ramanathaswamy temple, amid tight security.
Bharti said the `Save Ganga` movement would be taken up in three phases - a yatra from Gangasagar to Gangotri between September 20 to October 28, an environment experts` seminar in Delhi on November 6 and a public human chain on December 2 - for a pollution-free Ganga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?