Uma Bharti stresses need to clean, purify important holy rivers
Rameswaram (TN): Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Monday stressed the need to clean and purify important holy rivers across the country, including the Ganga, Cauvery, Narmada, Yamuna and the Brahmaputra.
This would help not only those travelling on a holy pilgrimage, but also ensure fishermen get better quality fish, she said.
Uma Bharti, here as part of her `Save Ganga` campaign, took a holy dip in all 22 holy waters in the famous Ramanathaswamy temple, amid tight security.
Bharti said the `Save Ganga` movement would be taken up in three phases - a yatra from Gangasagar to Gangotri between September 20 to October 28, an environment experts` seminar in Delhi on November 6 and a public human chain on December 2 - for a pollution-free Ganga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic