Unable to pay bribe, woman delivers baby at bus-stand in TN
Salem: A pregnant woman was allegedly asked to pay a bribe for treatment at a government hospital here on Sunday and unable to pay it, she was forced to deliver the baby at a bus-stand.
The 24-year-old woman, a labourer hailing from Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh, had come to the hospital with her husband and two children, aged five and two years, after she experienced labour pains this morning, but some nursing staff allegedly demanded Rs 1000 for her delivery, Dr Vallinayagam, Hospital Dean said.
The woman was reportedly forced to go out of the ward when she could not pay the money and when she reached the Salem old bus-stand, walking for about a Km from the hospital, she delivered the baby boy, Dean said, adding two women passers-by assisted her.
Locals immediately called an ambulance and rushed her to the same government hospital where the matter was reported to me, he said.
Vallinayagam said a three team headed by him would conduct an inquiry tomorrow and if the incident was found true, the hospital staff concerned would be suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY