Unaccounted cash worth over Rs 6 cr seized in TN so far
Chennai: Over Rs six crore in cash, sarees and jewelleries worth Rs 42.50 lakh have been seized in Tamil Nadu so far by election authorities as part of measures to curb bribing of voters during the coming Lok Sabha polls.
Teams such as flying squads and static surveillance teams, formed as part of measures taken by the Election Commission to curb bribing of voters during the general elections 2014, have seized cash of Rs 6.06 crore till March 12, Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar said in a statment.
Besides, non-cash items including sarees and jewelleries valued at Rs 42.50 lakh were also seized, he said.
"The entire process of seizure have been video graphed. The seized cash and other items have been handed over to the Treasury and follow up action is being taken by the (respective) District Election Officers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie