Unclaimed baggage triggers security scare at Chennai airport
Chennai: An unclaimed baggage at the airport here
created a security scare even as the nation is on an alert on
the occasion of the Babri mosque demolition tomorrow.
Airport officials said the baggage was found at the
Domestic arrival today, prompting authorities to engage the
Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) services.
The BDS, with the help of sniffer dogs, immediately
removed the baggage and took it for investigation, officials
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan
- Bangladesh PM Hasina accuses BNP of being behind 2014 grenade attack
- Trains delayed after wire snaps on Delhi-Saharanpur route
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre launched in India at starting price of Rs 3.82 lakh
- PM Modi promises Centre's support to flood-hit states