Unconditional support to DMK to form govt if combine wins:PMK
Chennai: PMK, which clinched a poll pact
with ruling DMK recently, on Monday said it would extend
"unconditional support" to the party to form a government if
the combine won the Assembly polls due in May but will
continue to raise "issues" being an alliance partner.
"We will extend our unconditional support (if DMK forms
government). At the same time, being an alliance partner, we
will raise issues," PMK founder S Ramadoss said.
Speaking at the wedding of his grandson here, attended by
DMK president and Chief Minister M Karunanidhi and his son M K
Stalin, the PMK leader said his party had extended
unconditional support during the current term also, when the
DMK came to power winning the 2006 Assembly elections.
PMK, which had been a part of DMK-led alliance, had in
2008 severed ties with the ruling party, only to align with
Opposition AIADMK to fight the Lok Sabha polls in the
However, it renewed its ties with the DMK recently when
Ramadoss signed a poll accord with Karunanidhi on February 18,
under which PMK bagged 31 seats to contest the polls.
Speaking at the function, Karunanidhi equated himself and
Ramadoss to that of a bride and groom and said though they may
experience "some differences, we will however stand united for
a common cause."
Before quitting the DMK-led alliance and despite being an
ally, Ramadoss had been critical of some policies of the DMK
and had constantly raised the demand for implementation of
prohibition even as liquor is sold through government outlets
and a major revenue-grosser.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley