UPA govt a `fountain of scams`: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Describing the Congress-led UPA government at Centre a "fountain of scams", AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday announced that her party will stage state-wide protests on February 22 against the scams and the fuel pricing policy.
The labour wing of the party, Anna Thozhirsanga Peravai, would hold protests outside Central government offices in district headquarters, she said in a statement.
The DMK-participated UPA government - "a fountain of scams" - was destroying the Indian economy by its "wrong policies", resulting in price rise, the statement said.
Further, the Congress-led government was acting in an authoritative way by implementing various measures which ignored the states such as direct cash transfer and proposing pricing for water, she said.
Instead of determining fuel prices based on domestic oriented policy, the Centre was doing it based on international trends.
"Since oil companies have been given the power to determine prices of petroleum products, their rates remain on the upswing," she said, adding, this was destroying the country`s economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened