UPA govt a `fountain of scams`: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Describing the Congress-led UPA government at Centre a "fountain of scams", AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday announced that her party will stage state-wide protests on February 22 against the scams and the fuel pricing policy.
The labour wing of the party, Anna Thozhirsanga Peravai, would hold protests outside Central government offices in district headquarters, she said in a statement.
The DMK-participated UPA government - "a fountain of scams" - was destroying the Indian economy by its "wrong policies", resulting in price rise, the statement said.
Further, the Congress-led government was acting in an authoritative way by implementing various measures which ignored the states such as direct cash transfer and proposing pricing for water, she said.
Instead of determining fuel prices based on domestic oriented policy, the Centre was doing it based on international trends.
"Since oil companies have been given the power to determine prices of petroleum products, their rates remain on the upswing," she said, adding, this was destroying the country`s economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump