UPA govt a `fountain of scams`: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Describing the Congress-led UPA government at Centre a "fountain of scams", AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday announced that her party will stage state-wide protests on February 22 against the scams and the fuel pricing policy.
The labour wing of the party, Anna Thozhirsanga Peravai, would hold protests outside Central government offices in district headquarters, she said in a statement.
The DMK-participated UPA government - "a fountain of scams" - was destroying the Indian economy by its "wrong policies", resulting in price rise, the statement said.
Further, the Congress-led government was acting in an authoritative way by implementing various measures which ignored the states such as direct cash transfer and proposing pricing for water, she said.
Instead of determining fuel prices based on domestic oriented policy, the Centre was doing it based on international trends.
"Since oil companies have been given the power to determine prices of petroleum products, their rates remain on the upswing," she said, adding, this was destroying the country`s economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem