UPA govt a `fountain of scams`: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Describing the Congress-led UPA government at Centre a "fountain of scams", AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday announced that her party will stage state-wide protests on February 22 against the scams and the fuel pricing policy.
The labour wing of the party, Anna Thozhirsanga Peravai, would hold protests outside Central government offices in district headquarters, she said in a statement.
The DMK-participated UPA government - "a fountain of scams" - was destroying the Indian economy by its "wrong policies", resulting in price rise, the statement said.
Further, the Congress-led government was acting in an authoritative way by implementing various measures which ignored the states such as direct cash transfer and proposing pricing for water, she said.
Instead of determining fuel prices based on domestic oriented policy, the Centre was doing it based on international trends.
"Since oil companies have been given the power to determine prices of petroleum products, their rates remain on the upswing," she said, adding, this was destroying the country`s economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet