UPA govt neglecting TN, against me: Jaya
Chennai: Taking a swipe at the Congress led UPA government at the Centre, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Tuesday charged it with neglecting the state, indicating that it was against her.
"The Central government seems to think that Tamil Nadu should not be allowed to flourish as Jayalalithaa will grow into a major force if all her demands are met with," she said.
Replying to the Home Department grants in the assembly,she said the state`s monthly kerosene quota had been reduced by half after AIADMK government came to power and her repeated pleas for funds and electricity had yielded no result.
"Irrespective of the number of pleas, there has been no allocation of funds or additional electricity even as people are groping in the dark. The Centre`s actions are aimed at ensuring Tamil Nadu does not grow," she alleged.
The Chief Minister also said there has been no instances of terrorism or naxal menace in Tamil Nadu.
She said her government has delivered successfully despite shortcomings and absence of adequate resources and charged opposition parties as well as the media with trying to find fault with her for their own benefit.
Jayalalithaa said her situation was somewhat similar to the human tongue which has to survive among 32 teeth which are "ready to cut it into pieces".
"The tongue has no relief. It has to operate among the 32 teeth and my situation is somewhat similar with the opposition leaders waiting for me to make a small mistake and TV channels waiting for an opportunity to blow up a small mistake to boost their TRP ratings," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi