US could be behind anti-KNPP protests: RSS
New Delhi: RSS has alleged the United States could be behind the protests against the Kudankulam nuclear power project in Tamil Nadu and claimed a lot of money has been pumped into NGOs leading the campaign.
Sangh mouthpiece `Organiser` said in its latest issue that it is in America`s interest to scuttle the Jaitapur and Kudankulam projects being set up with French and Russian assistance respectively so that it can emerge in the scene offering "viable and safe alternatives".
The edit piece in the journal also slammed key India Against Corruption member Arvind Kejriwal for supporting the anti-Kudankulam campaign "as part of his scheme to jump into the political bandwagon".
It alleged millions of rupees have been pumped into various NGOs, some being run by a local bishop, to fuel the protests.
"Now, where does the foreign or church interest come in...It springs from the American interest...Though India has signed a nuclear deal with America, we have not yet gotten into an agreement on setting up an American nuclear power plant which would offer jobs to the American industry," it said.
It said "it is very much in America`s interest to scuttle these (Jaitapur and Kudankulam) projects so that they can emerge in the scene offering viable and safe alternatives."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest