US could be behind anti-KNPP protests: RSS
New Delhi: RSS has alleged the United States could be behind the protests against the Kudankulam nuclear power project in Tamil Nadu and claimed a lot of money has been pumped into NGOs leading the campaign.
Sangh mouthpiece `Organiser` said in its latest issue that it is in America`s interest to scuttle the Jaitapur and Kudankulam projects being set up with French and Russian assistance respectively so that it can emerge in the scene offering "viable and safe alternatives".
The edit piece in the journal also slammed key India Against Corruption member Arvind Kejriwal for supporting the anti-Kudankulam campaign "as part of his scheme to jump into the political bandwagon".
It alleged millions of rupees have been pumped into various NGOs, some being run by a local bishop, to fuel the protests.
"Now, where does the foreign or church interest come in...It springs from the American interest...Though India has signed a nuclear deal with America, we have not yet gotten into an agreement on setting up an American nuclear power plant which would offer jobs to the American industry," it said.
It said "it is very much in America`s interest to scuttle these (Jaitapur and Kudankulam) projects so that they can emerge in the scene offering viable and safe alternatives."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation