Uttarakhand chopper crash: Karunanidhi condoles death of pilot Praveen
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday condoled the death of Madurai-born chopper pilot Flt Lt K Praveen, who was killed in a chopper crash in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand while on a rescue mission on June 25.
"It was a great shock to know that a 27-year old young officer K Pravaeen of Madurai died while rescuing thousands of people in the Uttarakhand," he said in a statement.
"I extend my deep condolences to his mother and family members," he added.
The mortal remains of Praveen was flown to Madurai yesterday, where his last rites were performed.
Praveen was among 20 personnel killed while they were engaged in an operation to rescue stranded pilgrims near Gaurikund in Uttarakhand.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on