Uttarakhand chopper crash: Karunanidhi condoles death of pilot Praveen
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday condoled the death of Madurai-born chopper pilot Flt Lt K Praveen, who was killed in a chopper crash in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand while on a rescue mission on June 25.
"It was a great shock to know that a 27-year old young officer K Pravaeen of Madurai died while rescuing thousands of people in the Uttarakhand," he said in a statement.
"I extend my deep condolences to his mother and family members," he added.
The mortal remains of Praveen was flown to Madurai yesterday, where his last rites were performed.
Praveen was among 20 personnel killed while they were engaged in an operation to rescue stranded pilgrims near Gaurikund in Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?