Vaiko asks cadre to refrain from making statements on TN polls
Chennai: MDMK chief Vaiko on Friday asked party
cadre to desist from making any public statements on the Tamil
Nadu Assembly election, amid reports that they were canvassing
for the ruling DMK in many places across the state.
MDMK is boycotting the April 13 polls after it failed to
clinch a seat-sharing deal with AIADMK, a development which
had prompted DMK chief Karunanidhi to make overtures to Vaiko,
who has however stood firm on his party`s decision.
"I request the party supporters to avoid making comments
on election to mediapersons and reporters," he said in a
In the last few days, MDMK workers in many parts of the
state including Tirunelveli were reportedly working for the
local DMK candidates and making comments against AIADMK after
the party had shown the door to MDMK.
Ignoring the pleas made by various political leaders
including AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa, the MDMK had gone ahead
with its decision to not to participate in the elections.
MDMK, a long-term ally of AIADMK, was offered 12 seats
against its demand for 21, which the lead partner was not
willing to accept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action