Vaiko asks cadre to refrain from making statements on TN polls
Chennai: MDMK chief Vaiko on Friday asked party
cadre to desist from making any public statements on the Tamil
Nadu Assembly election, amid reports that they were canvassing
for the ruling DMK in many places across the state.
MDMK is boycotting the April 13 polls after it failed to
clinch a seat-sharing deal with AIADMK, a development which
had prompted DMK chief Karunanidhi to make overtures to Vaiko,
who has however stood firm on his party`s decision.
"I request the party supporters to avoid making comments
on election to mediapersons and reporters," he said in a
In the last few days, MDMK workers in many parts of the
state including Tirunelveli were reportedly working for the
local DMK candidates and making comments against AIADMK after
the party had shown the door to MDMK.
Ignoring the pleas made by various political leaders
including AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa, the MDMK had gone ahead
with its decision to not to participate in the elections.
MDMK, a long-term ally of AIADMK, was offered 12 seats
against its demand for 21, which the lead partner was not
willing to accept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked