Vaiko asks cadre to refrain from making statements on TN polls
Chennai: MDMK chief Vaiko on Friday asked party
cadre to desist from making any public statements on the Tamil
Nadu Assembly election, amid reports that they were canvassing
for the ruling DMK in many places across the state.
MDMK is boycotting the April 13 polls after it failed to
clinch a seat-sharing deal with AIADMK, a development which
had prompted DMK chief Karunanidhi to make overtures to Vaiko,
who has however stood firm on his party`s decision.
"I request the party supporters to avoid making comments
on election to mediapersons and reporters," he said in a
In the last few days, MDMK workers in many parts of the
state including Tirunelveli were reportedly working for the
local DMK candidates and making comments against AIADMK after
the party had shown the door to MDMK.
Ignoring the pleas made by various political leaders
including AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa, the MDMK had gone ahead
with its decision to not to participate in the elections.
MDMK, a long-term ally of AIADMK, was offered 12 seats
against its demand for 21, which the lead partner was not
willing to accept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali