Vaiko demands cancellation of entrance test
Chennai: Demanding cancellation of conducting nationwide entrance test for admission in medical colleges, MDMK Chief Vaiko on Sunday threatened to stage a protest if his demand is not met with.
Criticising the Government`s move to introduce National Entrance Test for admission in medical colleges, Vaiko in a statement here, said it would only benefit the students in urban areas and those belonging to the upper class.
It is said that through test, a per centage of seats in medical colleges would be alloted. "This will only demolish the basic of social justice", he said.
Though it was removed from the State government in 2007 itself, the Centre`s decision to introduce it, showcases only the Government`s `irresponsible` and `dominant` attitude in entering into the powers of the State government, Vaiko charged.
If the Centre does not scrap its proposal which is "against social justice", Vaiko said his party would stage a protest against the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17