Vaiko demands cancellation of entrance test
Chennai: Demanding cancellation of conducting nationwide entrance test for admission in medical colleges, MDMK Chief Vaiko on Sunday threatened to stage a protest if his demand is not met with.
Criticising the Government`s move to introduce National Entrance Test for admission in medical colleges, Vaiko in a statement here, said it would only benefit the students in urban areas and those belonging to the upper class.
It is said that through test, a per centage of seats in medical colleges would be alloted. "This will only demolish the basic of social justice", he said.
Though it was removed from the State government in 2007 itself, the Centre`s decision to introduce it, showcases only the Government`s `irresponsible` and `dominant` attitude in entering into the powers of the State government, Vaiko charged.
If the Centre does not scrap its proposal which is "against social justice", Vaiko said his party would stage a protest against the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!