Vaiko has understood Jaya`s `egoistic nature`: Alagiri
Madurai: Reacting to MDMK`s decision of not
contesting Tamil Nadu Assembly polls, Union Minister and DMK
leader M K Alagiri on Saturday said the party`s leader Vaiko had "in
the last minute" understood the "egoistic nature" of AIADMK
"It is not MDMK which has boycotted the elections, but
AIADMK which has boycotted MDMK," Alagiri, who is Chief
Minister M Karunanidhi`s elder son and DMK`s Organising
Secretary (South Zone) told reporters here.
He said, "MDMK leader Vaiko has understood the egoistic
and high-handed nature of AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa in the
Alagiri claimed that the DMK`s election manifesto
released yesterday, had been welcomed by people and said the
party-led alliance would win all the seats.
People were satisfied with DMK fulfilling its earlier
promises listed in its 2006 election manifesto, he said,
adding, AIADMK would "vanish" after the polls.
MDMK today decided against contesting the April 13
Assembly elections, saying it was piqued by the "consistent
ill-treatment" and "arrogant stand" of AIADMK during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'