Vaiko meets Rajiv assassins in prison
Vellore: MDMK leader Vaiko on Monday met the three
death row convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case at
the prison here.
Vaiko spent about 20 minutes with the convicts Murugan,
Santhan and Perarivalan, whose death sentence was stayed by
the Madras High Court for two weeks on August 30, the prison
The Tamil Nadu assembly also in a resolution appealed to
President Pratibha Patil to reconsider their mercy pleas.
Various political parties, includind DMK president M
Karunanidhi had also appealed to the President to reconsider
the clemency petitions of the three.
Referring to the protests by local population against
Koodankulam power project, he asked the Centre not to go ahead
with the project as people in the village fear that it posed a
danger to their lives and livelyhood.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India