Vaiko meets Rajiv assassins in prison
Vellore: MDMK leader Vaiko on Monday met the three
death row convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case at
the prison here.
Vaiko spent about 20 minutes with the convicts Murugan,
Santhan and Perarivalan, whose death sentence was stayed by
the Madras High Court for two weeks on August 30, the prison
The Tamil Nadu assembly also in a resolution appealed to
President Pratibha Patil to reconsider their mercy pleas.
Various political parties, includind DMK president M
Karunanidhi had also appealed to the President to reconsider
the clemency petitions of the three.
Referring to the protests by local population against
Koodankulam power project, he asked the Centre not to go ahead
with the project as people in the village fear that it posed a
danger to their lives and livelyhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM