Vaiko meets Rajiv assassins in prison
Vellore: MDMK leader Vaiko on Monday met the three
death row convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case at
the prison here.
Vaiko spent about 20 minutes with the convicts Murugan,
Santhan and Perarivalan, whose death sentence was stayed by
the Madras High Court for two weeks on August 30, the prison
The Tamil Nadu assembly also in a resolution appealed to
President Pratibha Patil to reconsider their mercy pleas.
Various political parties, includind DMK president M
Karunanidhi had also appealed to the President to reconsider
the clemency petitions of the three.
Referring to the protests by local population against
Koodankulam power project, he asked the Centre not to go ahead
with the project as people in the village fear that it posed a
danger to their lives and livelyhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?