Vaiko meets Rajiv assassins in prison
Vellore: MDMK leader Vaiko on Monday met the three
death row convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case at
the prison here.
Vaiko spent about 20 minutes with the convicts Murugan,
Santhan and Perarivalan, whose death sentence was stayed by
the Madras High Court for two weeks on August 30, the prison
The Tamil Nadu assembly also in a resolution appealed to
President Pratibha Patil to reconsider their mercy pleas.
Various political parties, includind DMK president M
Karunanidhi had also appealed to the President to reconsider
the clemency petitions of the three.
Referring to the protests by local population against
Koodankulam power project, he asked the Centre not to go ahead
with the project as people in the village fear that it posed a
danger to their lives and livelyhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof