Vaiko thanks Tarun Vijay for demanding for Tamil in HC
Chennai: MDMK chief M Vaiko, an ally of NDA in Tamil Nadu, on Tuesday thanked BJP Rajya Sabha MP Tarun Vijay for urging President Pranab Mukherjee to request the Centre to take immediate steps for declaring Tamil for use as a language of the Madras High Court for passing orders and judgements.
Vijay had called on Mukherjee and handed over a representation to this effect recently.
"I would extend my hearty thanks for your representation to the President to expedite steps to declare Tamil as language of the Madras High Court", Vaiko said in a letter sent to Vijay.
"Your speech in the Upper House on July 31, 2014 making a demand to observe Thiruvalluvar`s Birthday as glorious Indian languages day in all parts of the country has won the hearts and minds of Tamils", Vaiko said.
Your declaration that you would be organising celebration of Poet Thiruvalluvar`s birthday in 2015 in more than 500 schools and colleges in North India is "applaudable" and "commendable".
"I extend my sincere thanks on behalf of Tamils and also on behalf of MDMK party", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- EU meets without Britain for first time since Brexit vote
- US, South Korea, Japan hold first anti-North Korea missile drill
- India's new developed surface-to-air missile likely to be test-launched today
- Kit Harington got into a fight before his GOT audition
- Ranbir Kapoor to do a cameo in Shah Rukh Khan – Anushka Sharma starrer?