Vasan asks K’taka to implement SC verdict on water release
Chennai: Union Shipping Minister G K Vasan today asked Karnataka to implement in right earnest the Supreme Court verdict asking it to release water to Tamil Nadu from Cauvery river.
“The Supreme Court has given a good decision to help the farmers (suffering from drought-like conditions). It is a democratic duty for Karnataka to implement the verdict in the right earnest," he said.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of Gandhi Jayanti celebrations here, he also charged BJP with adopting " double standards" on the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail approved by Centre recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda