Vasan welcomes gazette notification on Cauvery water dispute
Chennai: Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Wednesday welcomed the gazette notification of the final award of the Cauvery Waters Disputes Tribunal, saying this would provide a long lasting solution to the water sharing dispute.
"This is a long expectation of the farmers of Tamil Nadu especially the Delta region. This will guarantee waters to the farmers of Tamil Nadu", he said.
The notification of the final award would also provide a long lasting solution on sharing of waters from Karnataka, Vasan, a senior Congress leader of Tamil Nadu said.
Thanking the Centre, he said the Tamil Nadu Congress Committee, MPs and the UPA ally in the state have been strongly advocating for this announcement.
On the `brutal` killing of the 12-year-old son of slain LTTE leader Prabhakaran, he said the Sri Lankan government should answer in the international fora on the killing of innocent Tamils in the island country.
He said India would not accept any human rights violations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane