Vasan welcomes gazette notification on Cauvery water dispute
Chennai: Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Wednesday welcomed the gazette notification of the final award of the Cauvery Waters Disputes Tribunal, saying this would provide a long lasting solution to the water sharing dispute.
"This is a long expectation of the farmers of Tamil Nadu especially the Delta region. This will guarantee waters to the farmers of Tamil Nadu", he said.
The notification of the final award would also provide a long lasting solution on sharing of waters from Karnataka, Vasan, a senior Congress leader of Tamil Nadu said.
Thanking the Centre, he said the Tamil Nadu Congress Committee, MPs and the UPA ally in the state have been strongly advocating for this announcement.
On the `brutal` killing of the 12-year-old son of slain LTTE leader Prabhakaran, he said the Sri Lankan government should answer in the international fora on the killing of innocent Tamils in the island country.
He said India would not accept any human rights violations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Summer skincare: Pamper your skin with these natural ingredients!
- Bihar road rage case: Accused Teni Yadav's bail plea rejected
- 26/11 attacks: US says it wants justice, asks Pakistan to ''cooperate'' with India
- What's the joke? Riteish Deshmukh and Akshay Kumar's 'Housefull3' moment!
- Facebook, Microsoft join hands to build undersea internet cable