Vasan welcomes gazette notification on Cauvery water dispute
Chennai: Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Wednesday welcomed the gazette notification of the final award of the Cauvery Waters Disputes Tribunal, saying this would provide a long lasting solution to the water sharing dispute.
"This is a long expectation of the farmers of Tamil Nadu especially the Delta region. This will guarantee waters to the farmers of Tamil Nadu", he said.
The notification of the final award would also provide a long lasting solution on sharing of waters from Karnataka, Vasan, a senior Congress leader of Tamil Nadu said.
Thanking the Centre, he said the Tamil Nadu Congress Committee, MPs and the UPA ally in the state have been strongly advocating for this announcement.
On the `brutal` killing of the 12-year-old son of slain LTTE leader Prabhakaran, he said the Sri Lankan government should answer in the international fora on the killing of innocent Tamils in the island country.
He said India would not accept any human rights violations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!