VCK activists arrested for attempt to burn effigy
Coimbatore: Nine Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi (VCK) activists were arrested on Saturday when they attempted to burn an effigy of Sri Lankan Minister Champika Ranawaka protesting against his reported warning of a backlash against Tamils in the island country.
The activists raised slogans against the Minister and also the Sri Lankan Government for continuing "attacks" on Tamil Nadu fishermen, police said.
Police took them into custody and foiled the attempt to burn the effigy.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!