VCK activists arrested for attempt to burn effigy
Coimbatore: Nine Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi (VCK) activists were arrested on Saturday when they attempted to burn an effigy of Sri Lankan Minister Champika Ranawaka protesting against his reported warning of a backlash against Tamils in the island country.
The activists raised slogans against the Minister and also the Sri Lankan Government for continuing "attacks" on Tamil Nadu fishermen, police said.
Police took them into custody and foiled the attempt to burn the effigy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday