VCK workers arrested
Udhagamandalam: About 50 activists of a pro-Tamil outfit were arrested Tuesday when they tried to barge into the Madras Regimental Centre near here, to protest training imparted to two Sri Lankan officials in the Defence Staff Service College in the MRC premises, police said.
The Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi activists, who gathered on the Manekshaw Bridge near the Centre, attempted to barge into the College and demanded that the Government immediately send them back, police said.
The workers also shouted slogans against Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse.
The ruling AIADMK headed by Jayalalithaa and key UPA ally DMK and other political parties in Tamil Nadu have stridently opposed India training Lankan military personnel, alleging the island republic`s forces had committed war crimes against Tamils during the last phase of 2009 war against LTTE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Political parties in Goa encourage sex tourism: Kejriwal
- Brazilian striker Hulk to join Chinese club Shanghai SIPG in a record USD 60 million deal
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' to join forces with Salman Khan's 'Sultan'? - Know how
- Donald Trump is not speaking for broad base of the country: Barack Obama
- Attack on security forces in Valley a proxy war from across border: J&K govt