VCK workers arrested
Udhagamandalam: About 50 activists of a pro-Tamil outfit were arrested Tuesday when they tried to barge into the Madras Regimental Centre near here, to protest training imparted to two Sri Lankan officials in the Defence Staff Service College in the MRC premises, police said.
The Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi activists, who gathered on the Manekshaw Bridge near the Centre, attempted to barge into the College and demanded that the Government immediately send them back, police said.
The workers also shouted slogans against Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse.
The ruling AIADMK headed by Jayalalithaa and key UPA ally DMK and other political parties in Tamil Nadu have stridently opposed India training Lankan military personnel, alleging the island republic`s forces had committed war crimes against Tamils during the last phase of 2009 war against LTTE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city