VCK workers arrested
Udhagamandalam: About 50 activists of a pro-Tamil outfit were arrested Tuesday when they tried to barge into the Madras Regimental Centre near here, to protest training imparted to two Sri Lankan officials in the Defence Staff Service College in the MRC premises, police said.
The Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi activists, who gathered on the Manekshaw Bridge near the Centre, attempted to barge into the College and demanded that the Government immediately send them back, police said.
The workers also shouted slogans against Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse.
The ruling AIADMK headed by Jayalalithaa and key UPA ally DMK and other political parties in Tamil Nadu have stridently opposed India training Lankan military personnel, alleging the island republic`s forces had committed war crimes against Tamils during the last phase of 2009 war against LTTE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities