Veerappan`s wife against financial aid to daughter
Salem (TN): Days after her daugther was allowed
by a court to live with her husband, slain sandalwood smuggler
Veerappan`s wife Muthulakshmi on Tuesday asked the family`s
wellwishers not to extend any financial support to the girl.
Claiming that her daughter Vidya Rani (21) had been
brainwashed by her husband Maria Deepak, Muthulakshmi told
reporters here that she had approached some people for
financial support to continue her college education.
She alleged that Deepak was unemployed and spending her
daughter`s money. Deepak and Rani had married in March last.
Muthulakshmi said she was prepared to help Rani continue
her education if she returned to live with her.
On September 28, the Madras High Court gave Rani the
liberty to live with Deepak after she submitted that her
mother was not allowing her to go with him though she was a
Union Minister S Jagathratchagan has sponsored the
education of Vidya Rani, who is doing her final year BA in a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!