Veerappan`s wife against financial aid to daughter
Salem (TN): Days after her daugther was allowed
by a court to live with her husband, slain sandalwood smuggler
Veerappan`s wife Muthulakshmi on Tuesday asked the family`s
wellwishers not to extend any financial support to the girl.
Claiming that her daughter Vidya Rani (21) had been
brainwashed by her husband Maria Deepak, Muthulakshmi told
reporters here that she had approached some people for
financial support to continue her college education.
She alleged that Deepak was unemployed and spending her
daughter`s money. Deepak and Rani had married in March last.
Muthulakshmi said she was prepared to help Rani continue
her education if she returned to live with her.
On September 28, the Madras High Court gave Rani the
liberty to live with Deepak after she submitted that her
mother was not allowing her to go with him though she was a
Union Minister S Jagathratchagan has sponsored the
education of Vidya Rani, who is doing her final year BA in a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August