VHP sees US hand behind anti-nuclear protests
Kancheepuram: VHP on Saturday alleged the anti-nuclear protests in the country were being instigated by the US in order to thwart India from exploiting its rich thorium reserves and steal a march in atomic efficiency.
Senior VHP leader Ashok Singhal, who was asked about the ongoing protests against Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KNPP) in Tamil Nadu, said such protests were instigated by the US with NGOs and churches "playing a role in this effort".
He alleged that 4,000 odd NGOs and churches were involved in the protests and they should be curbed "firmly by both the State and the Central governments".
Talking to reporters during his visit to the Sankara Mutt here, he alleged churches were extending patronage to the continuing protests against KNPP in various places.
"They are all instigated by the US, which does not want India to take advantage of its rich thorium resources and steal a march in nuclear efficiency," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read