Vice Admiral to visit Mandapam Coast Guard station
Rameswaram: Vice Admiral Anurag GThapliyal, Director General of Coast Guard, will visit Mandapam CG station on May 13 to commission the new Hovercraft ACV H-195,and review the preparedness of the Coastguard and also take stock of the prevailing security situation in the Palk Bay and Gulf of Mannar.
According to a release here, Coast Guard Station Mandapam situated on the SE tip of Tamilnadu, is one of the important frontline bases of the Indian Coast Guard.
Being located close to International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL)with the island nation of Sri Lanka, more attention and focus is given to the activities, operations and preparedness of the station at Mandapam.
The Director General will be accompanied by the Inspector General Satya Prakash Sharma, Commander, Coast Guard Region (East). The Vice Admiral is on his second visit to the Coast Guard Station at Mandapam after taking over the reins of Indian Coast Guard, as its Director General on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list