Vice Admiral to visit Mandapam Coast Guard station
Rameswaram: Vice Admiral Anurag GThapliyal, Director General of Coast Guard, will visit Mandapam CG station on May 13 to commission the new Hovercraft ACV H-195,and review the preparedness of the Coastguard and also take stock of the prevailing security situation in the Palk Bay and Gulf of Mannar.
According to a release here, Coast Guard Station Mandapam situated on the SE tip of Tamilnadu, is one of the important frontline bases of the Indian Coast Guard.
Being located close to International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL)with the island nation of Sri Lanka, more attention and focus is given to the activities, operations and preparedness of the station at Mandapam.
The Director General will be accompanied by the Inspector General Satya Prakash Sharma, Commander, Coast Guard Region (East). The Vice Admiral is on his second visit to the Coast Guard Station at Mandapam after taking over the reins of Indian Coast Guard, as its Director General on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand