Vigilance raids former DMK minister`s houses
Chennai: Vigilance officials on Friday conducted
raids at premises belonging to former DMK minister KR
Periyakaruppan across Tamil Nadu in connection with a
disproportionate assets case.
The raids by Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption
were in progress in Chennai and Sivaganga districts, DVAC
A Sivaganga report said vigilance officials raided the
houses and office premises of the former minister and his
close relatives there.
Periyakaruppan, former Hindu Religious and Charitable
Endowments minister, is the latest among several DMK leaders
and former Ministers besides MLAs to face police and DVAC
action either on land grab charges or allegations of
disproportionate assets after the AIADMK government came to
power in April last year.
DVAC had earlier conducted raids at the houses of nine
former DMK Ministers, J Anbazhagan, MLA and former legislator
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview