Vigilance raids former DMK minister`s houses
Chennai: Vigilance officials on Friday conducted
raids at premises belonging to former DMK minister KR
Periyakaruppan across Tamil Nadu in connection with a
disproportionate assets case.
The raids by Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption
were in progress in Chennai and Sivaganga districts, DVAC
A Sivaganga report said vigilance officials raided the
houses and office premises of the former minister and his
close relatives there.
Periyakaruppan, former Hindu Religious and Charitable
Endowments minister, is the latest among several DMK leaders
and former Ministers besides MLAs to face police and DVAC
action either on land grab charges or allegations of
disproportionate assets after the AIADMK government came to
power in April last year.
DVAC had earlier conducted raids at the houses of nine
former DMK Ministers, J Anbazhagan, MLA and former legislator
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested