Vigilance raids on ex-DMK minister’s residences
Chennai: Officials of the Directorate of
Vigilance and Anti Corruption today searched the residences of
former DMK minister M R K Panneerselvam and his relatives in
Cuddalore, Chidambaram and Chennai.
The searches at the residences of Pannerselvam and his
relatives come a few days after DVAC officials conducted
searches at former labour minister T M Anbarasan`s house in
Kundrathur here, police said.
Panneerselvam handled the backward communities and health
portfolios during the previous DMK regime and is the party`s
strongman in Cuddalore district.
He unsuccessfully contested the April 13 state Assembly
polls against Sorathur Rajendran of AIADMK in Kurinchipadi
constituency in Cuddalore district.
DVAC had on September 31 arrested former higher education
minister K Ponmudi in Chennai in connection with a land
Former ministers Veerapandi S Arumugam, K N Nehru and N K
K P Raja were also arrested on charges of land grabbing in the
crackdown launched by the Jayalalithaa government on land
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened