Vigilance raids on ex-DMK minister’s residences
Chennai: Officials of the Directorate of
Vigilance and Anti Corruption today searched the residences of
former DMK minister M R K Panneerselvam and his relatives in
Cuddalore, Chidambaram and Chennai.
The searches at the residences of Pannerselvam and his
relatives come a few days after DVAC officials conducted
searches at former labour minister T M Anbarasan`s house in
Kundrathur here, police said.
Panneerselvam handled the backward communities and health
portfolios during the previous DMK regime and is the party`s
strongman in Cuddalore district.
He unsuccessfully contested the April 13 state Assembly
polls against Sorathur Rajendran of AIADMK in Kurinchipadi
constituency in Cuddalore district.
DVAC had on September 31 arrested former higher education
minister K Ponmudi in Chennai in connection with a land
Former ministers Veerapandi S Arumugam, K N Nehru and N K
K P Raja were also arrested on charges of land grabbing in the
crackdown launched by the Jayalalithaa government on land
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you