Vijayakant lambasts AIADMK on power cuts
Aruppukottai: DMDK leader Vijayakant on Sunday
lambasted the AIADMK government for not taking steps to end
the power crisis in Tamil Nadu and sought to know the need to
distribute mixies and grinders and fans free of cost without
"If the situation continues, the AIADMK government will
face the same fate as the DMK" (which was routed in the last
assembly polls), he said at a private function here.
He said though he is happy with the freebies, he would not
block welfare measures reaching the poor.
He said weavers in Aruppukottai area had been badly hit
due to power cut and students were not able to study for their
exams. He also said the law and order situation in the State
was not satisfactory.
On the 10 day suspension order issued by Speaker D
Jayakumar against him for his behaviour on the floor of the
assembly, where he made some gestures at treasury benches
during a heated debate with the Chief Minister, Vijayakanth
said the speaker, instead of taking this action, could have
warned him not to gesticulate.
The government should show the same speed in providing
relief to those affected by Cyclone Thane in Cuddalore and
Villipuram districts, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark