Vijayakant lambasts AIADMK on power cuts
Aruppukottai: DMDK leader Vijayakant on Sunday
lambasted the AIADMK government for not taking steps to end
the power crisis in Tamil Nadu and sought to know the need to
distribute mixies and grinders and fans free of cost without
"If the situation continues, the AIADMK government will
face the same fate as the DMK" (which was routed in the last
assembly polls), he said at a private function here.
He said though he is happy with the freebies, he would not
block welfare measures reaching the poor.
He said weavers in Aruppukottai area had been badly hit
due to power cut and students were not able to study for their
exams. He also said the law and order situation in the State
was not satisfactory.
On the 10 day suspension order issued by Speaker D
Jayakumar against him for his behaviour on the floor of the
assembly, where he made some gestures at treasury benches
during a heated debate with the Chief Minister, Vijayakanth
said the speaker, instead of taking this action, could have
warned him not to gesticulate.
The government should show the same speed in providing
relief to those affected by Cyclone Thane in Cuddalore and
Villipuram districts, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30