Vijayakant warned of being issued a NBW
Chennai: A local court on Thursday warned DMDK leader Vijayakant that he would be served with non-bailable warrant if he failed to appear before it for the next hearing in a defamation case filed by the state government.
The case pertained to an interview by Vijayakant to Captain TV, owned by him on October 26 last, which was allegedly treated as defamatory against Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and a criminal defamation case was filed against him.
Vijayakant, who is facing a series of defamation cases filed by the government, had to appear in the case before the Principal Sessions Judge G Chokkalingam.
Following his non-appearance, an NBW was already issued but it was later recalled after Vijayakant`s counsel filed a petition assuring that the actor-turned politician would make his appearance today.
But when the case came up, counsel for Vijayakant submitted that because of his previous engagements on the eve of Krishna Jayanthi, he was unable to appear.
The judge warned that he was adjourning the matter to September 12 and if Vijayakant did not appear, he would be served with an NBW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Karnataka Police records statement of nursing student
- WATCH: More like Messi! Three most-talked about penalty misses by legendary footballers
- Crashed EgyptAir plane's data recorder repaired
- Six people found dead in Jharkhand; Maoist's role suspected
- Mexico police, troops `routinely` rape arrested women: Amnesty