Vijayakant warned of being issued a NBW
Chennai: A local court on Thursday warned DMDK leader Vijayakant that he would be served with non-bailable warrant if he failed to appear before it for the next hearing in a defamation case filed by the state government.
The case pertained to an interview by Vijayakant to Captain TV, owned by him on October 26 last, which was allegedly treated as defamatory against Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and a criminal defamation case was filed against him.
Vijayakant, who is facing a series of defamation cases filed by the government, had to appear in the case before the Principal Sessions Judge G Chokkalingam.
Following his non-appearance, an NBW was already issued but it was later recalled after Vijayakant`s counsel filed a petition assuring that the actor-turned politician would make his appearance today.
But when the case came up, counsel for Vijayakant submitted that because of his previous engagements on the eve of Krishna Jayanthi, he was unable to appear.
The judge warned that he was adjourning the matter to September 12 and if Vijayakant did not appear, he would be served with an NBW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price