Vijayakanth avoids sharing platform with Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Actor politician Vijayakanth, heading
the DMDK, on Wednesday avoided sharing a platform with AIADMK leader
Jayalalithaa at a joint poll campaign meeting in Coimbatore.
Though the AIADMK leader had invited leaders of her
alliance partners for the meeting, Vijayakanth chose to skip
it and deputed DMDK presidium chairman Panrutty S
Ramachandran, who negotiated the poll deal with AIADMK.
According to political observers, the development showed
that all was not well in the AIADMK-led front.
Vijayakanth had met Jayalalithaa only once after the
elections to the Tamil Nadu Assembly was announced, that too
to ink the poll deal.
The DMDK leader, who reached an accord with AIADMK to
contest in 41 seats, had avoided the media after signing the
Today`s rally was attended by all top leaders of AIADMK
front, including CPI(M) General Secrtary Prakash Karat,
veteran CPI leader A B Bardhan and TDP chief N Chandrababu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs