Vijayakanth elected DMDK legislature party leader
Chennai: DMDK founder Vijayakanth, whose
party bagged 29 seats in the April 13 assembly elections, was
on Saturday elected as his party`s legislature leader.
The winning candidates of his party elected him as
their leader at the party headquarters here.
From being a one-MLA party in the 2006 Assembly
elections, DMDK made rapid strides in this year`s election as
an ally of AIADMK, bagging 29 of the 41 seats it had contested
Earlier, speaking to reporters Vijayakanth had hinted
that DMDK may work as a constructive opposition party,
pinpointing mistakes and support welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why