Vijayakanth elected DMDK legislature party leader
Chennai: DMDK founder Vijayakanth, whose
party bagged 29 seats in the April 13 assembly elections, was
on Saturday elected as his party`s legislature leader.
The winning candidates of his party elected him as
their leader at the party headquarters here.
From being a one-MLA party in the 2006 Assembly
elections, DMDK made rapid strides in this year`s election as
an ally of AIADMK, bagging 29 of the 41 seats it had contested
Earlier, speaking to reporters Vijayakanth had hinted
that DMDK may work as a constructive opposition party,
pinpointing mistakes and support welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today