Vijayakanth slams AIADMK for power cuts in TN
Chennai: Hitting out at the ruling AIADMK,
DMDK founder and Opposition leader Vijayakanth today slammed
the government for frequent power cuts in the state and said
that people`s expectations for a better situation after a
regime change had not been met with.
"The Jayalalithaa-led government had assured in its
budget in August last that there would be no power cuts from
mid-2012. But power cuts continue, creating an uncertain
situation," he said in a party statement here.
Jayalalithaa had told the state Assembly recently that
power cuts would be done away with from 2013.
Vijayakanth said a good power situation is important for
sustenance of both agriculture and industrial sectors and that
people had expected the situation to become better after
AIADMK took over.
The prevailing power cuts, amidst reports of an eight
hour load-shedding, would be detrimental to Tamil Nadu`s
industrialisation prospects, he said, adding "People are
yearning for a remedy".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!