Vijayakanth slams AIADMK for power cuts in TN
Chennai: Hitting out at the ruling AIADMK,
DMDK founder and Opposition leader Vijayakanth today slammed
the government for frequent power cuts in the state and said
that people`s expectations for a better situation after a
regime change had not been met with.
"The Jayalalithaa-led government had assured in its
budget in August last that there would be no power cuts from
mid-2012. But power cuts continue, creating an uncertain
situation," he said in a party statement here.
Jayalalithaa had told the state Assembly recently that
power cuts would be done away with from 2013.
Vijayakanth said a good power situation is important for
sustenance of both agriculture and industrial sectors and that
people had expected the situation to become better after
AIADMK took over.
The prevailing power cuts, amidst reports of an eight
hour load-shedding, would be detrimental to Tamil Nadu`s
industrialisation prospects, he said, adding "People are
yearning for a remedy".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Black money window: CBDT issues fresh FAQs; PAN mandatory
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: GK Pillai knew of changes in affidavit, says inquiry panel