Vijayakanth slams AIADMK for power cuts in TN
Chennai: Hitting out at the ruling AIADMK,
DMDK founder and Opposition leader Vijayakanth today slammed
the government for frequent power cuts in the state and said
that people`s expectations for a better situation after a
regime change had not been met with.
"The Jayalalithaa-led government had assured in its
budget in August last that there would be no power cuts from
mid-2012. But power cuts continue, creating an uncertain
situation," he said in a party statement here.
Jayalalithaa had told the state Assembly recently that
power cuts would be done away with from 2013.
Vijayakanth said a good power situation is important for
sustenance of both agriculture and industrial sectors and that
people had expected the situation to become better after
AIADMK took over.
The prevailing power cuts, amidst reports of an eight
hour load-shedding, would be detrimental to Tamil Nadu`s
industrialisation prospects, he said, adding "People are
yearning for a remedy".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city