Vijayakanth too condemns Lankan article against Jaya
Madurai: Condemning the derogatory article against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa published on a Sri Lankan website, NDA ally DMDK today urged the Centre to review its relationship with the neighbouring country for demeaning her letters to the Prime Minister on the problems faced by state fishermen.
In a statement here, party founder leader Vijayakanth, who is also the Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly, described as "loathing" the derogatory observations about the letters, carried in the Sri Lankan defence website along with pictures, and said it needed to be condemned strongly.
"The tamils are angry with the Sri Lanka over the article, and the island nation should not repeat such mean acts. It is time India review its relationship with Sri Lanka," he added.
Sri Lankan Government had yesterday tendered an unqualified apology and remove the post as Jayalalithaa and various other political leaders, including her arch-rival DMK President M Karunanidhi, strongly protested against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi