Vijaykant has assets worth around Rs 47 crore
Chennai: Actor-politician Vijaykant has
declared assets worth around Rs 47 crore, both immovable and
movable, in his election affidavit.
The DMDK founder said his movable assets account for Rs
9.04 crore and that of his wife Premalatha Rs 1.2 crore. He
has immovable assets of Rs 10.83 crore, including agricultural
land, while his wife has Rs 5.28 crore worth immovable assets.
Vijaykant, testing his fortunes from Rishivanthiyam
constituency for the April 13 Assembly polls, said his annual
income was Rs 53.77 lakh and that he has a defamation case
pending against him.
He has Rs six lakh in hand.
They owe a combined sum of around Rs nine crore as dues to
government departments, including Income-Tax department, he
said, adding appeals were pending in these matters.
Vijaykant`s loans and liabilities amount to Rs 2.53 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown