Vijaykant takes dig at Chidambaram for his remarks
Kumbakonam(TN): Actor Vijaykant, whose fledgling
outfit DMDK is leading a front for this month`s civic polls in
Tamil Nadu on Saturday took a dig at home minister P Chidambaram
for his remarks about having a very short memory.
"How can a senior politician like Chidambaram make such a
statement? People have abandoned faith in such politicians.
That is why they deceive people`, he told an election meeting
here this afternoon.
Chidambaram had yesterday refused to speak on the truce
between him and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on the
controversial 2G note and entered into a banter with
journalists on whether he offered to quit, saying "I don`t
recall anything of that in the Ministry of Home Affairs."
"Frankly, I have a very short memory.I cannot recollect," he
had told a reporter when asked if he had offered to resign.
Vijaykant also taunted Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s
followers who have been terming her as the permanent incumbent
to the post. "If people decide, there cannot be any permanent
Chief Minister`, he said.
Vijaykant claimed his party had a bright future.`We started
with one MLA (in 2006), have 29 now and will rule the state
tomorrow,"he said while cavassing votes for Gomathy Siva, his
party`s nominee for post of Kumbakonam municipal chairman.
He promised to provide a corrupt free adminstration if his
party was voted to power. "Even as an actor,I had helped many.
I can do more if people vote me to power. I will not tolerate
corrupt politicians even if they belong to my party and also
corrupt officials`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter