Vijaykant takes dig at Chidambaram for his remarks
Kumbakonam(TN): Actor Vijaykant, whose fledgling
outfit DMDK is leading a front for this month`s civic polls in
Tamil Nadu on Saturday took a dig at home minister P Chidambaram
for his remarks about having a very short memory.
"How can a senior politician like Chidambaram make such a
statement? People have abandoned faith in such politicians.
That is why they deceive people`, he told an election meeting
here this afternoon.
Chidambaram had yesterday refused to speak on the truce
between him and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on the
controversial 2G note and entered into a banter with
journalists on whether he offered to quit, saying "I don`t
recall anything of that in the Ministry of Home Affairs."
"Frankly, I have a very short memory.I cannot recollect," he
had told a reporter when asked if he had offered to resign.
Vijaykant also taunted Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s
followers who have been terming her as the permanent incumbent
to the post. "If people decide, there cannot be any permanent
Chief Minister`, he said.
Vijaykant claimed his party had a bright future.`We started
with one MLA (in 2006), have 29 now and will rule the state
tomorrow,"he said while cavassing votes for Gomathy Siva, his
party`s nominee for post of Kumbakonam municipal chairman.
He promised to provide a corrupt free adminstration if his
party was voted to power. "Even as an actor,I had helped many.
I can do more if people vote me to power. I will not tolerate
corrupt politicians even if they belong to my party and also
corrupt officials`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state