Vijaykanth surrenders in Tamil Nadu court
Tirunelveli: Facing a non-bailable arrest warrant, MDK founder and Leader of the Opposition in Tamil Nadu Assembly Vijaykanth Thursday surrendered before a court here in connection with a defamation case filed by the Jayalalithaa Government.
Judicial Magistrate Kamalavathi, who yesterday issued the warrant after Vijaykanth failed to appear before her in response to summons, revoked it and posted the case to June 5 for the next hearing.
The Government Advocate has filed the case against Vijaykanth, who is the Leader of the Opposition in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, seeking to punish him for his alleged defamatory remarks against Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on August 6 last during a public meeting here.
Reacting to the issuance of arrest warrant, DMDK had yesterday said Vijaykanth was busy with a meeting of party MLAs and hence could not appear before the court and that he would present himself today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read