Vilasrao Deshmukh condition `stable`
Chennai: The condition of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, undergoing treatment for serious liver ailment at a hospital here, was stated to be stable on Friday.
While hospital and family sources remained tight-lipped, several political leaders who visited the hospital quoted Deshmukh`s family members as saying his condition was stable.
Former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan, Union Ministers MK Alagiri and D Napoleon and senior DMK leader TR Baalu visited the hospital and enquired about the health of the 67-year old Science and Technology Minister, admitted to the Global Hospitals on August 6.
Deshmukh, admitted to the hospital in critical condition, was improving, according to Chavan.
Congress leader Ramesh Chennithala was among those who visited the hospital today.
The former Maharashtra chief minister was brought here in an air ambulance for a possible liver transplant but the doctors have made it clear that his condition has to improve before any decision could be taken on such a course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof