Vilasrao Deshmukh condition `stable`
Chennai: The condition of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, undergoing treatment for serious liver ailment at a hospital here, was stated to be stable on Friday.
While hospital and family sources remained tight-lipped, several political leaders who visited the hospital quoted Deshmukh`s family members as saying his condition was stable.
Former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan, Union Ministers MK Alagiri and D Napoleon and senior DMK leader TR Baalu visited the hospital and enquired about the health of the 67-year old Science and Technology Minister, admitted to the Global Hospitals on August 6.
Deshmukh, admitted to the hospital in critical condition, was improving, according to Chavan.
Congress leader Ramesh Chennithala was among those who visited the hospital today.
The former Maharashtra chief minister was brought here in an air ambulance for a possible liver transplant but the doctors have made it clear that his condition has to improve before any decision could be taken on such a course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state