Vilasrao Deshmukh condition `stable`
Chennai: The condition of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, undergoing treatment for serious liver ailment at a hospital here, was stated to be stable on Friday.
While hospital and family sources remained tight-lipped, several political leaders who visited the hospital quoted Deshmukh`s family members as saying his condition was stable.
Former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan, Union Ministers MK Alagiri and D Napoleon and senior DMK leader TR Baalu visited the hospital and enquired about the health of the 67-year old Science and Technology Minister, admitted to the Global Hospitals on August 6.
Deshmukh, admitted to the hospital in critical condition, was improving, according to Chavan.
Congress leader Ramesh Chennithala was among those who visited the hospital today.
The former Maharashtra chief minister was brought here in an air ambulance for a possible liver transplant but the doctors have made it clear that his condition has to improve before any decision could be taken on such a course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's tour of Zimbabwe and West Indies: BCCI selection committee to announce squads today
- Narendra Modi in Iran: PM invokes India's 'civilisational ties', aims to boost economic, cultural partnership
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1
- Jorge Lorenzo pips Marc Marquez to Italian MotoGP win
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg celebrates his wedding anniversary in a 'musical' way! - See pic