Vilasrao Deshmukh condition `stable`
Chennai: The condition of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, undergoing treatment for serious liver ailment at a hospital here, was stated to be stable on Friday.
While hospital and family sources remained tight-lipped, several political leaders who visited the hospital quoted Deshmukh`s family members as saying his condition was stable.
Former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan, Union Ministers MK Alagiri and D Napoleon and senior DMK leader TR Baalu visited the hospital and enquired about the health of the 67-year old Science and Technology Minister, admitted to the Global Hospitals on August 6.
Deshmukh, admitted to the hospital in critical condition, was improving, according to Chavan.
Congress leader Ramesh Chennithala was among those who visited the hospital today.
The former Maharashtra chief minister was brought here in an air ambulance for a possible liver transplant but the doctors have made it clear that his condition has to improve before any decision could be taken on such a course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- DNA: What the MTCR membership actually means for India?
- Crashed EgyptAir plane's data recorder repaired
- Six people found dead in Jharkhand; Maoist's role suspected
- Mexico police, troops `routinely` rape arrested women: Amnesty
- `India wants normalisation with Pakistan on its terms`
- China's state media calls Indians 'self-centered & self-righteous', claims blocking India's NSG bid 'morally legitimate'