Vilasrao Deshmukh under observation for two days: Doctors
Chennai: Union Science and Technology Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, admitted to a private hospital here in critical condition following liver-related ailment, was under observation, hospital authorities said on Tuesday.
"The minister is on two-day observation. Doctors are attending on him," a source at the Global Hospital said refusing to divulge more information on the status of the 67-year-old Congress leader from Maharashtra.
The hospital authorities did not release any health bulletin, with sources saying they were doing so in deference to the wishes of Deshmukh`s family.
Earlier in the day, hospital sources had described as "critical" the condition of Deshmukh, who was flown in here in an air ambulance last evening and admitted to the hospital where he is being treated by noted liver transplant surgeon Dr Mohamed Rela.
A two-time former Maharashtra chief minister, Deshmukh, who underwent a brief treatment in a Mumbai hospital, was shifted here for a possible liver transplant.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said in Mumbai that the condition of Deshmukh was stable.
Chavan said he spoke to Deshmukh`s son and MLA Amit this afternoon to inquire about the veteran Congressman`s health.
"I had decided to leave for Chennai to meet him. But, family members said his health is stable and nobody is allowed to meet him. Hence, I dropped my plan after consultations with the family members," Chavan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India