Vinayaka Chathurthi celebrated with fervour
Chennai: People across Tamil Nadu
celebrated Vinayaka Chaturthi today with religious fervour.
Special pujas were performed at various temples across the
state. In some temples, `Ganapathy Homam` a ritual seeking
peace and prosperity, was performed as early as 5 AM.
People offered prayers to the God of knowledge and
remover of obstacles and offered him `kozhukattai`, a sweet
south Indian dish.
While some people bought Lord Ganesha idols made of sand
priced at Rs 25 to Rs 100, others preferred to celebrate the
occasion with environmentally friendly idols.
In Chennai, about 5,000 police personnel were deployed in
areas to prevent any untoward incident. Public have been
allowed to keep large size idols at 600 places, police said.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and Governor K
Rosaiah also greeted the people on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29