Vital clues obtained in Alagiri associate`s murder
Madurai: `Vital clues` have been obtained in the murder of a key DMK functionary and close aide of Union Minister M K Alagiri, officials said on Friday.
Six special teams have been formed to trace the unidentified gang members who allegedly hacked to death N Suresh Babu alias `Pottu Suresh` last night. His body was found near his residence here.
Officials said `vital clues` had been obtained with the help of cameras fitted at road junctions.
Meanwhile, the body was cremated today after autopsy.
Alagiri was among those who attended the funeral along with wife and son Durai Dayanidhi. Alagiri said he had lost a good and loyal friend in the death of `Pottu Suresh.`
Alagiri also offered his condolences to the bereaved family. Besides DMK chief M.Karunanidhi also had conveyed his condolences, family members said.
Suresh, an executive member of DMK, was allegedly involved in various cases, including murder and land grabbing. He was also detained under the Goondas Act in 2011, and lodged in jail for about 100 days.
Police had said there were two futile attempts to murder him earlier by some unidentified gangs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says