Wanted inspector surrenders before court in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: A police inspector wanted in
connection with a case relating to extortion and abduction of
a woman, Monday surrendered before the Chief Judicial
Magistrate court, following a Madras High Court Order.
Shanmugiah, the inspector, was charged, along with
another inspector and a DSP in Tirupur, for abduction and
extorting nearly rs.three crore to hush up a case, from
Kanakavalli of Paasi Forex trading Company, which has
allegedly cheated the pubic to the tune of rs.700 crore.
Based on the complaint by Kanakavalli, CB-CID was
investigating the case and charged two inspectors and a DSP
for abducting and taking money from her to hush up the case.
Though one inspector, Mohanraj had surrendered and
lodged in the jail, Shanmugiah and DSP Rajendran had been
absconding for the last one year. The inspector moved
anticipatory bail petition in the High court, which ordered
him to surrender before the CJM, here and report once in two
weeks before Vellore police.
Armed with the High Court order, Shanmugiah surrendered
before the first Judicial Magistrate, Satyamurthy, who is
holding the charge of CJM.
Kanakavalli and two other directors, Mohanraja and
Kathiravan are at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog