Wanted inspector surrenders before court in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: A police inspector wanted in
connection with a case relating to extortion and abduction of
a woman, Monday surrendered before the Chief Judicial
Magistrate court, following a Madras High Court Order.
Shanmugiah, the inspector, was charged, along with
another inspector and a DSP in Tirupur, for abduction and
extorting nearly rs.three crore to hush up a case, from
Kanakavalli of Paasi Forex trading Company, which has
allegedly cheated the pubic to the tune of rs.700 crore.
Based on the complaint by Kanakavalli, CB-CID was
investigating the case and charged two inspectors and a DSP
for abducting and taking money from her to hush up the case.
Though one inspector, Mohanraj had surrendered and
lodged in the jail, Shanmugiah and DSP Rajendran had been
absconding for the last one year. The inspector moved
anticipatory bail petition in the High court, which ordered
him to surrender before the CJM, here and report once in two
weeks before Vellore police.
Armed with the High Court order, Shanmugiah surrendered
before the first Judicial Magistrate, Satyamurthy, who is
holding the charge of CJM.
Kanakavalli and two other directors, Mohanraja and
Kathiravan are at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla