Water level in Mettur dam at 79.26 feet
Salem: The water level in the Mettur dam stood at 79.26 feet against its capacity of 120 feet.
Both inflow and outflow were poor at 1158 cusecs at 1401 cusecs respectively and there was not enough water for release to delta areas, PWD sources said.
Last year, the storage level on the same day was 113 feet, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur