Wealth case: Jaya, Sasikala file applications
Bangalore: Applications seeking perusal of documents pertaining to the wealth case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa were on Wednesday filed in the Special court by counsel for her and her aide, co-accused Sasikala Natarajan.
Senior counsel B Kumar representing Jayalalithaa and C Manishankhar for Sasikala filed the applications under section 207(5) of the CrPC.
At this, Assistant Special Public Prosecutor Sandesh Chouta filed a memo stating that he would be filing his objections to the applications by tomorrow.
He, however, submitted that for this reason, recording of statement of Sasikala under section 313 CrPC (power to examine the accused) should not stopped.
Judge B M Mallikarjunaiah said he would first like to hear the objections before taking up recording of Sasikala`s statement and adjourned the matter to tomorrow.
On April 16, the Karnataka High Court dismissed the criminal petition filed by Sasikala challenging the Special Court order of rejection her application seeking various documents pertaining to the case.
Upholding the special court order, Justice N Ananda had dismissed the petition.
The case, relating to alleged accumulation of wealth by Jayalalithaa when she was Chief Minister from 1991-95, had been transferred to Bangalore by the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?