`Weld failure` damages railway track; sabotage ruled out
Chennai: A railway track near Arakkonam was
found damaged Sunday and "weld failure" was found to be the
reason, even as authorities have ruled out any possibility of
The track was found damaged at Sitheri and railway
employees repaired the "weld failure" immediately, railway
As a result, the Mangalore-bound West Coast Express,
which was to pass through the route, was delayed by an hour,
they said and ruled out any sabotage.
Meanwhile, police officials termed the fault as a
Last month, pro-LTTE elements had blasted off railway
tracks near Villupuram and investigation into the incident is
Alert railway officials had averted a mishap when the
Chennai-bound Rockfort Express was stopped after a gap was
noticed in the tracks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley