Widow kills children, commits suicide
Erode (TN): A 64-year-old woman consumed
poison after her daughter-in-law drowned her three kids before
committing suicide by jumping into a well in the district,
police said on Sunday.
Police said a 30-year-old widow, who was cultivating
crops on a three acre land taken on lease, allegedly threw her
three sons aged four and two-and-half years in a well at
Mullamparappu village near here.
She later committed suicide by jumping into the well,
The bodies of the four were fished out later by villagers
from the well this morning, police said, adding that on coming
to know about the tragedy, the 64-year-old mother-in-law of
the widow, who was staying with them, also committed suicide
by consuming poison.
- PM Narendra Modi genuine in his desire to have good relations with Pakistan: Ajit Doval
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh