Widow kills children, commits suicide
Erode (TN): A 64-year-old woman consumed
poison after her daughter-in-law drowned her three kids before
committing suicide by jumping into a well in the district,
police said on Sunday.
Police said a 30-year-old widow, who was cultivating
crops on a three acre land taken on lease, allegedly threw her
three sons aged four and two-and-half years in a well at
Mullamparappu village near here.
She later committed suicide by jumping into the well,
The bodies of the four were fished out later by villagers
from the well this morning, police said, adding that on coming
to know about the tragedy, the 64-year-old mother-in-law of
the widow, who was staying with them, also committed suicide
by consuming poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees