Widow kills children, commits suicide
Erode (TN): A 64-year-old woman consumed
poison after her daughter-in-law drowned her three kids before
committing suicide by jumping into a well in the district,
police said on Sunday.
Police said a 30-year-old widow, who was cultivating
crops on a three acre land taken on lease, allegedly threw her
three sons aged four and two-and-half years in a well at
Mullamparappu village near here.
She later committed suicide by jumping into the well,
The bodies of the four were fished out later by villagers
from the well this morning, police said, adding that on coming
to know about the tragedy, the 64-year-old mother-in-law of
the widow, who was staying with them, also committed suicide
by consuming poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video