Wife of Tamil Nadu Congress chief can`t vote
Chennai: Jayanthi Thangkabalu, the wife of Tamil Nadu Congress chief KV Thangkabalu, could not vote in Wednesday`s assembly polls as her name was missing from the electoral list.
Jayanthi Thangkabalu had to return disappointed from the polling booth in Velachary here. Her name could not be found in the voter`s list.
She had been named as a candidate for the Mylapore constituency, but her nomination was rejected on the grounds that it was incomplete.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray