Wife of Tamil Nadu Congress chief can`t vote
Chennai: Jayanthi Thangkabalu, the wife of Tamil Nadu Congress chief KV Thangkabalu, could not vote in Wednesday`s assembly polls as her name was missing from the electoral list.
Jayanthi Thangkabalu had to return disappointed from the polling booth in Velachary here. Her name could not be found in the voter`s list.
She had been named as a candidate for the Mylapore constituency, but her nomination was rejected on the grounds that it was incomplete.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win