Will AIADMK govt bring out white paper on power crisis: Karunanidhi
Chennai: Flaying the ruling AIADMK for the prevailing power crisis in Tamil Nadu, DMK President M Karunanidhi on Sunday sought to know if the Jayalalithaa government would bring out a `white paper` on the steps it has taken to address it.
"What is the present power situation in Tamil Nadu? When will the power shortage be solved? What is the current status of projects brought out by the DMK and what are the projects undertaken by the AIADMK Government. Is Government ready to come out with a white paper on all these issues?", he said in an article in the party organ `Murasoli`.
Karunanidhi said DMK would stage state-wide agitations on December 18, as announced last week, to highlight various problems faced by people due to the power crisis.
"Several small and medium enterprises are waiting for the right time to go to other states due to the power shortage. If that happens, what will be the fate of employees working in these units?", he asked.
The DMK chief said unemployed workers in Coimbatore, Tirupur, Erode and Kanyakumari had already left for neighbouring states in search of jobs.
People from all walks of life, including those in agriculture, textile and other industries have been affected by the power shortage, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa