Will AIADMK govt bring out white paper on power crisis: Karunanidhi
Chennai: Flaying the ruling AIADMK for the prevailing power crisis in Tamil Nadu, DMK President M Karunanidhi on Sunday sought to know if the Jayalalithaa government would bring out a `white paper` on the steps it has taken to address it.
"What is the present power situation in Tamil Nadu? When will the power shortage be solved? What is the current status of projects brought out by the DMK and what are the projects undertaken by the AIADMK Government. Is Government ready to come out with a white paper on all these issues?", he said in an article in the party organ `Murasoli`.
Karunanidhi said DMK would stage state-wide agitations on December 18, as announced last week, to highlight various problems faced by people due to the power crisis.
"Several small and medium enterprises are waiting for the right time to go to other states due to the power shortage. If that happens, what will be the fate of employees working in these units?", he asked.
The DMK chief said unemployed workers in Coimbatore, Tirupur, Erode and Kanyakumari had already left for neighbouring states in search of jobs.
People from all walks of life, including those in agriculture, textile and other industries have been affected by the power shortage, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly